If you’re searching for an attention-grabbing business sign in Chester County PA, look no further than 3-dimensional lettering, also known as channel sign letters. While there are a variety of business signage options available, none quite capture the same striking visual impact as this type of sign.
They often boast several benefits including customization, style, and versatility. If you are looking for a unique signage solution, consider channel letter signage for your business as they are extremely popular, and for good reason!
Read on to learn more about 3-dimensional letter signs and how it can benefit your commercial business or property.
What are 3-Dimensional Lettering Signs?
A channel letter sign is a multi-dimensional sign that has depth to create a 3D effect. Each letter, number, or design element features a face, back, and return, which when created, showcases a 3D sign.
- The Back – The back of a 3-dimensional lettering sign is designed using a flat sheet of metal, generally aluminum. A metal router is used to cut out the desired letter, number, or shape to create the back of the letter.
- The Return – The sides, also known as returns, are bent to fit the shape of the back. This is done with the help of computerized machines. The depth of the returns can range in size, which helps add depth to your 3-dimensional lettering. Once finished, the return is affixed to the back, thereby creating an enclosed channel.
- The Face – The final step is to create the face of the custom channel letters. This is typically created from acrylic and attached to the return. You can even opt to make a channel lettering sign without the face, keeping the channel letters open. This can be used to create a special effect like a neon look with tube lighting.
Benefits of 3-Dimensional Lettering Signage
When it comes to promoting your business, having eye-catching and memorable signage is a great way to stand out! For businesses in Chester County PA, Montgomery County PA, and Delaware County PA, as well as the surrounding tri-state area, using 3-dimensional lettering signage can provide a range of benefits, from increased visibility to improved brand recognition and more.
Here are just a few examples of how you can benefit from 3-dimensional lettering.
- Help Your Brand Stand Out – Building brand awareness is crucial to the success of your business. And 59% of consumers would prefer buying from brands they are familiar with according to Invesp. When you want your brand to stand out, your signage can help promote your brand awareness. Investing in a 3-dimensional lettering sign can be a smart choice, as it not only adds a unique and eye-catching element to your storefront or office but also reinforces your brand identity and messaging.
- Customization – Channel letters afford a lot of creativity in design. By adding a 3D element to your sign, you can play with depth and perspective to create a customized 3-dimensional lettering sign. There really is no limit to the designs or colors you can add to your 3D sign.
- Choice of Materials – Some of the popular options include acrylic, aluminum, corrugated plastic, composite material, and wood. Your local sign company can help you choose the right material based on your requirements.
- Lighted Building Letters – Illuminated signs are extremely important for businesses like restaurants, hotels, and bars. By adding lights to your channel letters, you can easily improve the visibility of your signage even at a distance. You can even consider placing different colored lights in different parts of the design to create a sign that matches your brand style.
Types of 3-Dimensional Lettering Signs
The key factor that distinguishes various types of 3D letter signs is the type of lighting they incorporate. Depending on your preference, you may choose to have your letters illuminated or non-illuminated. If you do opt for lighting, there are four different options available to you.
- Front-Lit – Also known as standard channel lettering signage, is a type of illuminated signage where the face of each letter is made of a translucent material that allows light to pass through. Either neon lights or LED bulbs illuminate the face of each 3D letter. The sign can be color-matched to your logo and brand. The faces and returns can be contrasting or show the same colors. When you choose a contrasting color, each letter will have a border of sorts.
- Halo-Lit: If you are looking to add a unique touch to your sign, look no further than halo-lit channel letters. These signs are illuminated from behind, creating a halo effect around each letter. The letters are solid during the day and boast a soft glow during the night.
- Open Face: These signs are front-lit and either features a clear face or none at all. The lighting is either LED-simulated neon or conventional neon. Because the lighting element inside each letter is visible, it creates a beautiful visual effect.
- Front & Back Lit: This type of 3-dimensional lettering sign combines both halo-lit and front-lit elements to create a classy look. The back of each letter is transparent, so some of the light could create the background halo effect. When you want your sign to pop out, this is your best bet!
Things to Consider When Choosing a Local Signage Company
Now that you know more about 3-dimensional lettering signage, it’s time to consult a local sign company like Denron Signs. Here are some questions to ask when considering a signage company:
- Do you offer a warranty on your channel lettering signs?
- What is included as part of your quote? Is it an all-inclusive price or is there a separate charge for the design element?
- Do you provide sign installation services?
Why Choose Denron Signs for Channel Letter Signs?
At Denron Signs, we have a team of experienced designers and signage technicians who can create a customized solution for your brand. For over 30 years, we have been designing, fabricating, and installing business signage across Chester County PA, Delaware County PA, and Montgomery County PA.
We know the local area very well and can help determine the illumination, size, and projection of 3-dimensional lettering signage. Whether you have a business in a high-traffic area and want to maximize visibility or you have a small shop that requires a more subtle approach, we can work with you to create a custom 3-dimensional lettering sign that meets your unique needs and budget.
Get in touch with us today to know more about our 3-dimensional lettering signage solutions or other signage products. Call 610-269-6622 now or contact us here for a free estimate.