Storefront signs are an important part of the success of brick-and-mortar businesses, especially if you’re located in a bustling borough like West Chester, PA, you want to be noticed. It is one of the easiest and simplest ways to let your target customers know that you exist. Storefront signs help spread awareness of your brand and offer the first impression of your business. By announcing your brand, products, hours, and special offers, having signage can help define your brand and drive foot traffic to your store.
In this blog, we will provide you with information on how to choose the most suitable storefront sign for your business.
Understand the Local Zoning Regulations
Before you even begin your search for an outdoor sign company near me, it’s important to know your local zoning regulations and the types of signs allowed in your area. Whether you are installing storefront signs in Chester County PA, Delaware County PA, or Montgomery County PA, it’s important to find out about the local zoning laws.
This can help save your time and money while avoiding possible fines and costly rework. Talk to your local zoning commission or graphic sign company to understand which rules apply to your business.
You must find the requirements about:
- Font size
- Protrusion from building
- Messaging (some commissions do not allow message content)
Consider Your Brand
The design and materials you choose will have different effects on customers. You must choose storefront signs that go with your brand and marketing strategy.
For instance, if you own a premium florist shop, you could consider using a rustic wooden sign with glossy acrylic lettering. While the wooden base can help communicate the type of industry you are in, the glossy, stylish lettering can reflect the premium aspect of your brand.
Consider Your Target Audience
The biggest aspect to consider when designing your business signage is your target customer. Your goal is to create an inviting sign that will impress your prospective customers and drive foot traffic to your store.
It’s crucial to take your target audience into account when designing your storefront sign, which is why careful consideration is necessary.
The first step is to define who your target customer is exactly. Do you want to appeal to upscale shoppers, families, or young shoppers?
Once you know who your target audience is, put yourself in their shoes. For instance, if they are searching for kids’ clothing, a fun and colorful sign will grab their attention. If they are looking for formal clothing for men, a minimalist sign would be a great choice.
Set a Budget
Storefront signs can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to several thousand depending on the material, size, and complexity of the design. It’s important to set a budget for your signage.
The cost of your storefront signage will vary depending on the design and signage you choose. So, be sure to set your budget before you begin searching for a signage company in Delaware County, PA.
Compare and Choose the Best Storefront Signs
You can choose from a wide range of signs for your storefront. Here’s a look at some of the different options you can consider:
- Awning Storefront Signs: These are unique signs that serve a dual purpose. Awnings not only communicate your brand/message to your audience, but they also provide shade to customers. These are ideal when you want your brand to stand out from your storefront, boosting your visibility and creating an exterior feature. These storefront signs can be used in outdoor shopping areas, locations with bland exteriors, and stores that see high sun exposure.
- Channel Letters: These storefront signs are pieced together by placing individual letters or design elements from your logo or company name. These are extremely durable and completely customizable. You can choose from the classic metal letter signage or the more modern LED channel letterings.
- Monument Signs: A monument sign is a ground-level sign that can be easily noticed by people or drivers passing by a storefront or commercial building. Usually made of brick and mortar, stainless steel, stone or other durable materials, these storefront signs are highly versatile and can be designed and styled to suit your brand and drive visibility.
- Neon Signs: A neon sign is a classic sign that can help you stand out while leaving a solid first impression on your customers. It is extremely visible and is sure to light up the night with its luminosity. If you are looking to attract attention to your store, a neon sign will deliver the results for you.
- Yard signs: Fast turnaround yard signs are a popular form of outdoor advertising that can be used for a variety of purposes, from promoting a business or political campaign to announcing a garage sale or special event. These signs are typically made of lightweight, durable materials such as corrugated plastic or metal, and can be easily placed in high-traffic areas such as front lawns, street corners, or along busy roads.
Create Your Signage
When it’s time to design your sign, consider the following aspects to ensure you have a sign that delivers the maximum results for your business.
- Be consistent: Make sure the materials you use are consistent with your brand and identity.
- Use branded colors: Using your brand’s colors for your storefront sign can help increase brand recognition and make your business more memorable to customers.
- Size: Choose a size that will ensure there’s ample space between all the text and design elements and they are legible.
- Proportion: Use a sign that’s a perfect fit for your storefront. While an oversized sign on a tiny shop will look cluttered, a sign that’s too small will affect visibility.
Denron Signs Offers Sign Service and Installation
Denron Signs has been helping businesses across Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, and beyond with our professional signage solutions. With over 30+ years of experience in storefront signs, we assure you of the highest standards of quality and service.
Contact us today for a free sign estimate!